WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
SAP has launched quite a few new merchandise into the EPM market over time and continues to take action. On account of present range in system landscapes, having this intensive vary of choices can present an answer that matches your distinctive necessities. Nonetheless, navigating throughout all these choices has turn into more and more advanced. Having a look at SAP’s roadmap for EPM options, we’ll analyse the accessible choices.
SAP are re-inventing the EPM market with three focus areas:
- Giant information volumes – the usage of HANA database from SAP and a simplified information mannequin gives a extra performant platform to permit larger volumes of knowledge to be processed in a suitable timeframe.
- Journey to the cloud – important funding into SAP Cloud’s planning device (SAP Analytics Cloud). The performance is rising and the power to devour information from S/4HANA. Group Reporting is the cloud choice for consolidation when deploying S/4HANA.
- Actual time performance – first, BPC 10.1 grew to become accessible to be deployed inside S/4HANA (generally known as BPC Optimized). This removes the necessity to replicate information from ERP right into a BW platform for BPC. Afterward, BPC 11.0 was launched because the BPC choice for BW/4HANA, that leverages SDA know-how to offer “actual time” entry to your supply information.
The product imaginative and prescient is evident with a continued improvement and integration enhancements for SAP Analytics Cloud and enhancements in underlying platforms – S/4HANA and BW/4HANA. Trying on the introduced enhancements beneath, there’s a large focus across the areas recognized above:
- SAP Analytics Cloud Integration
- Unified person expertise between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP BPC
- BW/4HANA 2.0 assist and prolonged upkeep
- Usability, authorized compliance and incremental purposeful enhancements based mostly on buyer suggestions
Following present EPM traits, SAP gives a transparent separation between planning and consolidation as two processes with totally different necessities:
- Planning: SAP’s main strategic resolution for planning transferring ahead is SAP Analytics Cloud. SAP BPC for S/4HANA can nonetheless be used for real-time monetary planning (not generic planning) and SAP BPC 11 is advisable for stand- alone on-premise deployments.
- Consolidation: Group Reporting is SAP’s strategic consolidation resolution transferring ahead – particularly in S/4HANA landscapes for each cloud and on-premise deployments. For patrons requiring a stand-alone on-premise deployment unbiased of knowledge supply, BPC on BW/4HANA is the advisable choice.
Based mostly on this info from SAP we will outline the diagram beneath.
In abstract, BPC 10.1 and former variations are nonetheless supported for purchasers with implementations, BPC on S/4HANA is an choice to contemplate for monetary planning (supported till 2024) however as advisable variations we must always concentrate on BPC 11 for each Planning and Consolidation on-premise deployments and SAP Analytics and Group Reporting for Cloud deployments.