WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
If you’re going through ‘The Set up Failed in First Boot Part Error’ when you’re making an attempt to put in Home windows 10 or making an attempt to replace your current Home windows, you aren’t alone. A lot of Home windows 10 customers are reporting to face the identical concern. If you’re seeing this message in your laptop, Home windows set up in your laptop will probably be stopped with a message “We couldn’t set up Home windows 10”. This downside is analogous in case you are going through these errors-
0x80070004 – 0x3000D
The set up failed within the FIRST_BOOT part with an error through the MIGRATE_DATE operation.
0xC1900101 – 0x30018
The set up failed within the FIRST_BOOT part with the error through the SYSPREP operation.
The set up failed within the FIRST_BOOT part with an error through the BOOT operation.
These errors are generated attributable to a misconfigured registry in your laptop or attributable to a scarcity of area in your exhausting drive. You may clear up these errors by following these fixes-
Be sure to create a restore level on your laptop. In case something goes unsuitable you may carry out a system restore.
Repair 1 – Briefly disable your Firewall
[THIS FIX IS FOR USERS WHO ARE USING A PRIVATE NETWORK]
Home windows Firewall might be the reason for the error you might be going through through the set up of Home windows in your laptop. You may disable the Home windows Firewall by following these steps-
1. Press Home windows key+ R to launch Run, and sort “management firewall.cpl” and hit Enter.
It will open firewall settings in Management Panel.
2. Now, within the management panel, within the left pane, click on on “Flip Home windows Defender Firewall on or off“.
3. Now, beneath the Non-public community settings, click on on “Flip off Home windows Defender Firewall (not really helpful)” and click on on “OK” to show your Firewall off.
Restart your laptop and begin the Home windows set up course of, test any of the above-mentioned errors are taking place or not.
Additionally , disable any third celebration anti virus like malwarebytes and so on. and check out once more.
If the error remains to be there then go for the following repair.
Repair-2 Disable Safe boot in BIOS
1. Shutdown your PC fully.
2. Now, begin it with energy button and begin urgent BIOS key repeatedly to enter BIOS mode
Beneath are the BIOS keys for various Laptop computer producers.
3. Find the Safe boot choice and disable it.
Its both in Boot Choices, or at Authentication settings.
Repair-3 Test for Home windows Replace
This downside you might be going through could also be as a result of some essential replace is pending in your laptop. To be able to test for Home windows Updates, observe these subsequent steps-
1. Press Home windows key+I to open Settings in your laptop.
2. Click on on “Replace & Safety” settings.
3. On, the appropriate pane, click on on “Test for Updates“.
Home windows will test for updates, after which it is going to obtain the replace and allow you to select a time to restart your laptop to finish the replace process.
Test if any of the errors are nonetheless there or not. If the error remains to be inflicting issues, go for the following repair.
Repair-4 Replace your Home windows in Clear Boot
Clear booting your laptop ensures that your laptop is booting with a minimal set of drivers and fewer startup applications. This will clear up the issue with ‘The set up failed in first boot part error’. To be able to clear boot, your laptop observe these steps-
1. You may open the Run window by urgent Home windows key+R.
2. Then, kind “msconfig” after which click on on “OK“.
System Configuration will open.
3. At first, it’s a must to go to the “Common” tab and
4. Then, uncheck the field beside the “Load startup gadgets“.
5. Be certain that the “Load system providers” is checked.
6. Then, go to the “Companies” tab.
7. After that, test the “Cover all Microsoft providers” after which click on on the “Disable all” .
8. Lastly, click on on “Apply” and “OK“.
Reboot your laptop, will probably be booted in clear mode.
Strive once more and Test if the error remains to be taking place or not. If the error remains to be there then go for the following repair.
Repair-5 Obtain and run Official Home windows Replace Troubleshooter
You may run Home windows Replace Troubleshooter from the official Microsoft discussion board, and it might probably troubleshoot your downside. To be able to obtain and run Home windows Replace Troubleshooter observe these steps-
1. Obtain Windows Update Troubleshooter. Go to the obtain location and double click on on “wu10” to open it.
2. Now, click on on “Subsequent” within the troubleshooter window.
3. Now, this course of will take a while as Home windows will detect any type of downside together with your pending Replace.
4. Now, click on on “Subsequent” to use the repair.
As you reboot your laptop, Home windows Replace Troubleshooter will repair the problem.
Test in case you are going through the identical concern once more or not. If the problem remains to be there, then go for the following repair.
Repair-6 Rename the Software program Distribution Folder
You may rename the Software program Distribution folder in your laptop, and look if renaming it has labored on your downside. Observe these steps to rename the folder-
1. Step one to open the CMD terminal is to kind “cmd” within the Search field.
2. Then, right-click on the “Command Immediate” within the search outcome after which select “Run as administrator“.
2. Merely, copy and paste these instructions within the terminal after which it’s good to press Enter after pasting every of them.
internet cease wuauserv internet cease cryptSvc internet cease bits internet cease msiserver
3. Now, with a view to rename the Software program Distribution folder, simply copy and paste these two instructions and hit Enter after every command-
ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.outdated ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.outdated
4. Now, all it’s left to begin the stopped providers once more. Copy these instructions within the Command Immediate and hit Enter to provoke the providers once more.
internet begin wuauserv internet begin cryptSvc internet begin bits internet begin msiserver
Reboot your laptop.
Attempt to replace your Home windows 10 once more, if the error remains to be taking place then go for the following repair.
Repair-7 Run System File Checker in your laptop
System File Checker (SFC) is a device that may detect and restore corrupted recordsdata of Home windows put in in your laptop. You may run SFC with following commands-
1. Press Home windows Key+R to launch Run. Kind “cmd” and press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter“. It will open Command immediate with Administrative rights.
2. Kind this command and hit Enter. It will take a while.
Wait until the method is full.
OR, If this fails on laptop observe this step-
2.Kind this command in command immediate and hit Enter.
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c: /offwindir=c:home windows
Wait until the method is accomplished.
3. Now, within the command immediate window, kind these instructions and hit Enter after every command.
Dism /On-line /Cleanup-Picture /CheckHealth Dism /On-line /Cleanup-Picture /ScanHealth Dism /On-line /Cleanup-Picture /RestoreHealth
Watch for these instructions to finish the checkup in your laptop.
If these instructions didn’t work out for you then repeat the step 3 with following commands-
Dism /Picture:C:offline /Cleanup-Picture /RestoreHealth /Supply:c:testmountwindows Dism /On-line /Cleanup-Picture /RestoreHealth /Supply:c:testmountwindows /LimitAccess
Watch for the method to be accomplished.
Reboot your laptop. Test if the issue with ‘The Set up failed in first boot part error’.
Repair-8 Try a Registry Repair
It’s potential that you’re going through this error is triggered by a registry error. You may clear up the issue together with your registry by following these things-
1. Press Home windows Key+R to launch Run. Kind “regedit” and hit Enter.
2. Now, on the left pane of the registry window, navigate to this location-
Now, click on on “OSUpgrade“.[NOTE- If you can’t find “OSUpgrade” then follow this step-
2(a). Click on Windows Update. Now, right click on an empty space. Click on “New” and click on “Key“. Name it “OSUpgrade“.
3. Now, select “OSUpgrade” and right click on any empty space on right pane. Click on “New“. Then, click on “DWORD (32-bit) Value“. Name the registry key as “AllowOSUpgrade”.
4. Double click on “AllowOSUpgrade” and change the ‘Value Data‘ to “1“.
Restart your computer.
Check if you are facing the issue at the time of upgrading the Windows or not. If the same issue still persists, go for the next fix.
Fix-9 Check your disk
If you are installing Windows in a drive with a low disk space, the installation process may fail. Always check the free disk space on your hard drive. There should be at least 30 GB free space available on your computer before installing Windows on your computer. To check disk space on your computer follow these easy steps-
1. Press Windows key+E to open File Explorer window. Now, on the left pane, click on “This PC” (OR, < the name of your computer>).
2. Now, Look at the drive you want to install/upgrade Windows 10. If the drive has at least 30 GB free space then, go for the installation. Otherwise, delete or move some folders.
Your problem with ‘The Installation Failed in First Boot Phase Error’ should be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.