WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
SAP S/4HANA Article Grasp
This text weblog is in regards to the Article grasp or Materials Grasp life cycle. On this weblog submit, I’ve tried to elucidate in regards to the strategy on how one can outline article buildings in SAP S/4HANA, the cycle of fabric grasp and how one can load it to SAP S/4HANA
Once I began my Materials grasp profession, I had struggled with the under questions.
What number of forms of Supplies (and relationships amongst them) could be there and how one can differentiate?
What’s the construction in SAP S/4HANA?, and so on.
Let’s begin the technical half
The fabric grasp accommodates info on all of the supplies that an organization procures or produces, shops, and sells. It’s the firm’s central supply for retrieving material-specific knowledge. This info is saved within the particular person materials grasp document
In a layman language, The Article Grasp or Materials Grasp is all about what an organization produces and sells. To maintain all the data from product to product and its promoting info together with totally different varieties obtainable together with ultimate providing price to prospects/end-user.
The fabric grasp is utilized by all parts within the SAP Logistics System. The combination of all materials knowledge in a single database object eliminates redundant knowledge storage. Within the SAP Logistics System, the information contained within the materials grasp is required.
The article kind (MARA-ATTYP) determines essentially, how the article might be saved on the database and the way it will react. Basically the next values are potential:
- Single materials (trade) (MARA-ATTYP preliminary): ‚Commonplace’-Supplies of non-Retail techniques, created as an illustration by MM01.
- Single article (MARA-ATTYP = 00): Individually created articles like standard-materials.
- Generic article (MARA-ATTYP = 01): Generic articles don’t exist bodily and usually are not offered however do solely exist as a knowledge reference for variants.
- Variants (MARA-ATTYP = 02): Article of the form of the generic article, however with particular attribute values. To the generic article ‘shirt’ for instance, one can have the variant: shirt, white, dimension XL’.
- Gross sales Set (MARA-ATTYP = 10): A set is a mix of a number of articles which can be purchased individually and offered collectively, for instance, a bottle of wine along with two wine glasses. The parts are been deposit within the fundamental knowledge view on the button ‘parts’. Technically, a set is dealt with like a BOM and saved in BOM database tables. You shouldn’t keep a set by BOM transactions, nevertheless.
- Prepack (MARA-ATTYP = 11): Loads is a set of various articles which can be purchased collectively and offered individually, thus roughly the alternative of a set. Footwear could be a superb instance: They’re purchased additionally a set of footwear with totally different sizes (for instance considered one of dimension 39 three of dimension 40 … two of dimension 45 and so on.). Prepack allocation plans are maintained in transaction WSTN11. From a technical perspective, prepacks are additionally plant unbiased BOMs.
- Show (MARA-ATTYP = 12): A Show is a set of articles which can be, like prepack, purchased collectively and offered individually, together with particular packaging. An instance could be at Christmas time the paper determine of Santa Claus, holding various kinds of chocolate: the producer delivers the entire determine, the shop sells the person goodies. Once more, that is technically a BOM.
- Materials group article (MARA-ATTYP = 20)
- Hierarchy article (MARA-ATTYP = 21)
- Group materials (MARA-ATTYP = 22)
- Materials group reference article (MARA-ATTYP = 30)
Let’s discuss a couple of major(recurrently used) materials sorts like single, generic, variant, PIR, shows and BOMS.
Individually created a normal article in SAP retail techniques. A single article has no variant defining traits, corresponding to; taste, dimension and/or shade. Single articles usually are not related to some other article in normal functionalities
Generic-Articles usually are not actual articles and can’t be offered. They serve solely as a knowledge reference for variants/varieties. Though generic articles exist within the techniques, they don’t have any stock administration. Generic-Article will be considered “dad and mom” of the person variant articles.
Generic Article is a particular kind of configurable article that can be utilized for structuring and sustaining variants of an article. Variants are articles that differ solely in sure traits corresponding to shade, dimension, or taste. They grouped collectively as generic articles.
In Layman language –> Generic articles don’t exist bodily and usually are not offered however exist as a knowledge reference for variants. Generic articles exist in techniques however don’t have any stock administration.
Youngster article of the generic article, however with particular attribute values task, like flavors. Variant articles are all the time created through generics and can inherit traits from the generic.
A Show is a set of articles which can be just like the prepack, purchased collectively and offered individually. As parts, you aren’t restricted to make use of both single articles or variants of various generic articles. Inside show articles, it’s potential to make use of articles from totally different Merchandise Classes.
Buy data document
Serves as a supply of knowledge for Buying. The buying data document accommodates info on a particular materials and a vendor supplying the fabric. For instance, the seller’s present pricing is saved within the data document.
Gross sales set
A set is a mix of a number of articles which can be purchased individually and offered collectively, for instance, a bottle of wine along with two wine glasses. Particular person parts can have a unique price, totally different tax code however might be offered along with one price.
A prepack is a set of various articles which can be purchased collectively and offered individually. Inside prepacks you’re restricted to make use of solely variant articles. All variant articles have to be assigned to the identical merchandise class.
BOM (invoice of supplies)
A formally structured listing of the parts that make up a product or meeting. The listing accommodates the article variety of every element, along with the amount and unit of measure.
Let’s begin creating a fabric
Go to transaction code MM41 to create a fabric
There you’ll be able to see a number of forms of materials sorts as under
Choose your materials kind, in our instance, I’ve chosen some pattern materials kind and different particulars like materials group, materials class, gross sales org, and so on.
Now a display seems for all view(w) in Tab display.
- Choose the Primary Data1 tab.
- Enter the fabric class–> Right here we’re creating single materials, therefore choose ’00’
- Enter the fabric group.
As soon as after filling the small print, get into views to fill the values as under:
Go to gross sales, buying and different tabs as per your requirement and fill particulars
and enter gross sales group particulars as follows:
As soon as crammed the required views, put it aside.
Allow us to see our created materials
Tcode MM43 exhibits the supplies been created.
Choose the views which had been created as follows(like fundamental, gross sales, buying, and POS)
On this case, I’ve created fundamental, gross sales, buy as nicely.
I’m deciding on solely fundamental and buy.
The Primary view could be proven as under as soon as created.
If you wish to change the fabric particulars the go to transaction code MM42 and make crucial modifications and put it aside.
Change the fabric particulars with MM42 TCODE as defined above
In my subsequent weblog for the continuation to this materials weblog, i’ll attempt to put up the differentiation between single, generic and variants nad show with extra examples.
Within the subsequent weblog posts, we are able to focus on extra on processing.
That’s all about this weblog submit.
Thanks for studying, please present your suggestions. 🙂
Pleased Studying, see you in my subsequent weblog 🙂
- SAP S/4 HANA Materials Grasp Introduction
- SAP S/4 HANA Materials Grasp Views
- S/4 HANA Article Grasp – Itemizing article-Part1
- S/4 HANA Article Grasp – Itemizing article-Part2
- S/4 HANA Article Grasp – Itemizing article-Part3