WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
If you’re coping with the fixed evolution of community expertise, it’s not unusual to face points between your mobile service supplier and your telephone. That is very true for superior mobile options which can be primarily based on the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), like Voice over LTE (VoLTE), Video over LTE (ViLTE), and Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi). In consequence, there’s inevitably some confusion over what works and what doesn’t between your shiny new telephone and the provider of your selection. Fortunately, although, members of the XDA group like to poke round and provide you with helpful methods to beat such obstacles. That is precisely what occurred with the ASUS ZenFone 8 and the OnePlus 9 Professional, as we now have now entry to strategies that can be utilized to allow VoLTE and VoWiFi help on unsupported carriers for these two flagship smartphones.
ASUS ZenFone 8
The ASUS ZenFone 8 has managed to show heads and function a refreshing shock to the smartphone ecosystem. The ZenFone 8 serves because the Taiwanese OEM’s current-gen “compact” flagship machine, and with options like a 120Hz AMOLED show with a gap punch within the high left nook for the selfie digicam, as much as 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, as much as 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, and a renewed ZenUI pores and skin that retains issues easy with a inventory Android 11 interface, this telephone is markedly completely different from something ASUS has ever put out earlier than.
- There are few small telephones available on the market with flagship specs, however the ASUS ZenFone 8 is a kind of uncommon gadgets. Surprisingly, it would not skimp on battery life or efficiency and would not break the bank, both.
ASUS has already rolled out a few software program updates to the ZenFone 8, the newest of which launched official VoLTE help on a number of European carriers. Since provider certification is a prolonged course of, it’s possible you’ll need to force-enable VoLTE/VoWiFi utilizing the beforehand demonstrated “setprop” technique — solely to seek out that it doesn’t work on this telephone.
Fear not, as XDA Acknowledged Developer Freak07 has managed to unravel the puzzle. Because it seems, ASUS determined to vary the variable names, so the setprop instructions should be revised a bit.
Allow VoLTE/VoWiFi in Settings on the ASUS ZenFone 8
- Unlock the bootloader of the machine and acquire root entry by patching the inventory boot picture utilizing Magisk.
- Begin an elevated shell utilizing ADB or a terminal emulator app in your telephone. To take action, you might want to kind su within the command immediate and grant root entry through Magisk.
- Execute the next instructions:
setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1
- Do a full reboot.
- Now you need to get the VoLTE/VoWiFi choice in Settings.
Take into account that toggling the choices alone won’t be ample to get the VoLTE/VoWiFi service. This tutorial will solely work if the ZenFone 8 comprises the suitable configuration knowledge in your provider in its modem firmware.
ASUS ZenFone 8 Boards
OnePlus 9 Professional
The OnePlus 9 Professional is OnePlus’ newest flagship and inarguably the very best smartphone but from the corporate. You’ll be able to even run Android 12 proper now on the telephone within the type of a beta. Due to its tinkering-friendly nature, the VoLTE activation half can also be fairly easy.
- With a big, 6.7-inch Quad HD OLED show and a Sensible 120Hz refresh rate, the OnePlus 9 Professional might have the very best show available on the market. The cameras, tuned in collaboration with Hasselblad, produce glorious nonetheless pictures and seize very good 4K video.
In contrast to the ASUS ZenFone 8, you may force-enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on the OnePlus 9 Professional with out root entry. That is potential as a result of some official OnePlus instruments allow you to entry the Qualcomm Snapdragon modem’s inside diagnostic interface and manually set the required parameters to help superior IMS providers.
Allow VoLTE/VoWiFi on the OnePlus 9 Professional
- Seize the OnePlus Logkit and the OnePlus Engineering Mode APKs from this thread.
- Manually set up the 2 APK information.
- Open the Telephone app, dial
*#800#, and choose EngineeringMode.
- When you’re inside OnePlusLogKit, scroll down a bit and examine the “VoLTE swap” and “VoWifi swap” choices. You may additionally must examine “VT swap” for some carriers.
- Do a reboot.
- Open Settings and allow VoLTE and VoWiFi.
- Open the Telephone app once more, dial
*#801#, and choose EngineeringMode.
- Faucet on the “Full-port swap” choice to show it on.
- Activate USB debugging and join the telephone to your PC. Be sure ADB is put in correctly.
- Execute the next command to reboot into Area Take a look at Mode:
adb reboot ftm
- Now allow the modem’s debugging interfaces:
adb shell setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
- Chances are you’ll want to put in the required drivers from this put up in order that Home windows can establish the brand new interfaces.
- Now we have to use a Qualcomm-made software program named PDC. To take action, obtain and set up the QPST software program suite.
- Open PDC, choose profile (sub0 and sub1), then click on Activate.
- Shut PDC.
- Reboot to regular mode:
- Take pleasure in VoLTE in your OnePlus 9 Professional!
OnePlus 9 Professional Boards
There you’ve got it. Be happy to strive these strategies in your ASUS ZenFone 8 or OnePlus 9 Professional to expertise VoLTE with out ready in your provider!