WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
Do you’ve got some points to look at your Netflix motion pictures and sequence as a result of you’ve got an issue with the Widevine Content material Decryption Module? On this publish, you’ll study what it’s and find out how to repair this problem.
Manu Chrome and Netflix customers get an error message that tells that one thing is flawed with the Widevine Content material Decryption Module and that one thing that you’ve preinstalled.
This complement is encryption module builtin in a browser like Google Chrome that permits you to playback some video and audio in HTML5 protected by DRM.
Whenever you use this module, you possibly can watch all of the protected content material on Netflix with out issues, but when your browser doesn’t have it correctly put in or is outdated, you can see points like this one.
That why on the next publish, I need to share with you among the greatest suggestions and options that may provide help to to repair this problem shortly and proceed having fun with your favourite Netflix content material.
Answer 1: Manually Replace Module
If that is the primary time you get this error on Netflix, you possibly can attempt to carry out a handbook replace of the module.
Often, you received’t have to replace this module, however in some circumstances, you will want to power this course of to repair any downside along with your recordsdata.
- First, you must run Google Chrome as an administrator. Proper-click within the shortcut positioned within the Desktop or Taskbar and choose the choice Run as Administrator
- Now you must open a brand new tab and there navigate to the next handle:
- On this web page you’ll all of the elements that you’ve put in don Google Chrome, scroll all the way down to the underside and there click on on the button Test for replace within the element: Widevine Content material Decryption Module
- Then reopen Google Chrome and check out as soon as once more to look at your content material on Netflix.
You could have tried these steps, however the issue persists, or some Replace failed error seems? Comply with the following options that I’ll depart you beneath.
Answer 2: Change Module Permissions
This answer is extra difficult than the primary one, however you can provide a attempt if you wish to repair this downside perpetually.
Observe: Watch out whilst you observe these steps and ensure to log in to an administrator account.
- Open the Run dialog Win + R and duplicate the next command
- Hie Enter to open the File Explorer in that path. Then navigate via the folder Google > Chrome
- On this new path, it is best to see a folder named Consumer Knowledge, right-click on it and choose the choice Properties
- Now navigate to the Safety tab and click on on the Edit button
- Select your Consumer within the Group or person names part and test the field Full Management within the Permit column
- Click on on Apply and OK to avoid wasting the adjustments after which shut all of the home windows you’ve got opened
- Restart your pc to use the adjustments and later attempt once more to look at the Netflix motion pictures or sequence that you simply wish to confirm that the Widevine Content material Decryption Module error has been mounted
Answer 3: Take away WidevineCdm Part
You could have the options above, however they don’t work? You may attempt to take away the element manually after which reinstall it from Google Chrome.
Like within the earlier strategies, you will want an account with administrator privileges to capable of modify the Chrome information.
- Within the Run dialog Win + R copy the command
%userprofile%/appdata/nativeand hit Enter to open the File Explorer
- There navigate trought the folder Google > Chrome > Consumer Knowledge
- On this folder, you must scroll down and find the folder WidevineCdm
- Choose the folder and press the keys Shift + Del to take away the folder out of your pc
- Now you must restart Google Chrome after which navigate to the chrome://elements/ handle
- There scroll down like within the first options and click on on the button Test for replace within the Widevine Content material Decryption Module elements
- Google Chrome will discover that you simply haven’t put in the element and it’ll set up it robotically fixing the problem on Netflix
Answer 4: Test Antivirus
Relying on the antivirus that you’ve put in, it could be inflicting some conflicts inside the Google Chrome browser and the content material on Netflix.
Some safety software program like McAfee or Kaspersky has been reported to have conflicts with the Widevine Content material Decryption Module and never let it replace the model.
You may attempt to disable your Antivirus quickly simply from the Taskbar and even uninstall it in case you have some pointless safety software program like McAffe Scan put in in your pc.
You too can attempt to disable the Firewall quickly, in some circumstances, that appears to repair the problem.
Answer 5: Reinstall Google Chrome
You could have tried every part, however nothing appears to work? There may be one final answer that would provide help to to repair this problem, reinstalling the browser.
You might first need to attempt one other browser like Firefox or Opera and test if the Netflix is working superb there, however in case you’re going to look at Netflix on Google Chrome, you possibly can attempt to reinstall this system following these steps:
- As soon as once more, open the Run dialog with the keys Win+ R and there copy the command
appwiz.cpl. Hit Enter to open the Packages and Options utility
- There you must discover this system Google Chrome and right-click on it
- Within the menu that seems, you must select the choice Uninstall
- This may open the Google Chrome uninstaller, and there you must verify that you simply need to uninstall the browser in your pc.
- Lastly, you possibly can obtain the Google Chrome newest model from here and set up it in your PC as ordinary.
I hope that this tutorial lets you repair the Widevine Content material Decryption Module error on Home windows and you could proceed watching your Netflix motion pictures or sequence with out issues.
For those who want extra assist with Netflix points, right here you’ve got another articles: