WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
Microsoft Edge is a superb browser. Now, that is likely to be an unpopular opinion however belief me it does evaluate to the nice browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The brand new browser from Microsoft has wonderful options like add-on assist from Home windows 10 Retailer, and the browser additionally has wonderful options like integration with Cortana and extra. However generally the browser can run into errors just like the INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND error.
The whole error message reads as observe,
There was a short lived DNS error. Attempt refreshing the web page.
Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND
The reason for this error lies deep inside Home windows 10’s very personal updates however Microsoft hasn’t fastened this for the customers. On this submit, we are going to check out a bunch of options that we’ve listed to repair this particular error on Microsoft Edge.
INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND Error, Learn how to Repair?
- Restore Microsoft Edge
- Disable TCP Quick Possibility
- Flush DNS Cache
- Reset Community Connection
Resolution #1: Attempt Repairing Microsoft Edge from Settings
Earlier than we attempt something, we should always attempt fixing this error by utilizing Home windows 10 Setting’s native Edge restore choices. To entry the restore choices, observe the steps given under.
- Open the Home windows 10 Settings app by clicking on the Begin Menu after which clicking on the gear icon above the facility menu button.
- As soon as the Settings app is opened, click on on the Apps choice after which transfer over to the Apps & Options part.
- Search for the Microsoft Edge app after which click on on Superior Choices.
- As soon as the Superior Choices window has opened, scroll down and search for the part named Reset. You will note two choices right here.
- One of many choices reads Restore and the opposite one reads Reset.
Clicking on the Restore button will carry out restore operations for Microsoft Edge and you’ll not lose any information. After you have got clicked on Restore, attempt utilizing Microsoft Edge once more and if you happen to’re nonetheless going through the difficulty, then click on on the Reset button which can utterly reset the browser and you’ll lose a number of issues by resetting the browser. Your bookmarks, favorites and so on. will stay since they’re synced with Microsoft servers. If this straightforward trick doesn’t give you the results you want, transfer over to the following answer.
Resolution #2: Disable TCP Quick Open
TCP Quick Open helps Microsoft Edge carry out higher and open web sites at blazing quick speeds however it may well additionally introduce glitches when issues go unsuitable. We are able to attempt to resolve the error by disabling the TCP Quick Open choice and to do this, it is advisable to observe the steps under.
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser after which enter about:flags within the tackle bar and press ENTER.
- It will open a bunch of settings for Microsoft Edge and on this new web page, use the keyboard mixture of Ctrl + SHIFT + D to allow superior choices.
- Scroll down after which search for the Networking part the place you will see that the Allow TCP Quick Open choice.
From the drop-down menu, simply select At all times off after which restart the browser. Attempt looking once more and now that TCP Quick Open is disabled, the browser ought to work usually with out points.
Resolution #3: Flush the DNS cache
Flushing the DNS cache will reset the DNS cache in your pc and if this error is being brought on attributable to a corrupt DNS cache, then this answer will resolve it for you. Flushing the DNS cache could be very straightforward and it may be achieved with a easy command in Command Immediate.
All it is advisable to do is Command Immediate from the Begin Menu after which enter the next command.
As soon as the DNS cache has been flushed, all it is advisable to do is reboot your pc and see if the difficulty is fastened.
Resolution #4: Reset your pc’s connectivity configuration
This answer works if in case you have a dynamic IP assigned to your web connection. Please don’t use this answer if you happen to’re on static IP since it would reset every thing associated to your web settings and you’ll have to take care of your ISP in an effort to arrange every thing again to the way it was.
- Open the Begin Menu after which seek for PowerShell.
- Proper click on on Home windows PowerShell after which select Run as administrator.
- Now within the PowerShell window, sort the next.
ipconfig /all > C:ipconfiguration.txt
- It will backup your IP configuration within the C: drive of your pc.
- Now it’s important to sort the next instructions one after the other.
netsh int ip reset c:resetlog.txt and PRESS ENTER
netsh winsock reset and PRESS ENTER
After you have got entered the above-mentioned instructions within the talked about order, it is advisable to reboot your PC and test if the difficulty has have been fastened or not.
Resolution #5: Set up pending Home windows Updates
How lengthy has it been because you up to date your pc? With the intention to replace your set up of Home windows 10, you simply want to go over to the Settings app by opening the Begin Menu and clicking on Settings. Open the Updates & Safety part after which within the Home windows Replace part, click on on the Examine for updates button.
As soon as your PC has been up to date with the most recent patches and updates for Home windows 10, you’ll be able to simply simply begin utilizing Microsoft Edge with none points in any respect. As you’ll be able to see within the picture above, the PC hasn’t been up to date shortly and a serious cumulative replace wasn’t utilized which was inflicting the difficulty. Updating the PC fastened the difficulty for good.
Wrapping it up!
Ultimately, I can not ask you to reset your complete Home windows 10 set up for this minor situation as you’ll be able to simply change to an alternate browser whereas Microsoft supplies a legit bug repair for this within the subsequent Home windows 10 replace however you’ll be able to attempt the strategies and options talked about above and they’ll certainly enable you do away with this error as soon as and for all.