WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
The DNS is just not resolving Xbox server names error is one which arises on the Xbox One. It is a DNS (Area Title Server) networking challenge wherein the Xbox console can’t hook up with the web.
The DNS is just not resolving Xbox server names challenge normally arises for customers using wi-fi community connectivity. Should you’re questioning methods to repair that error, try the potential resolutions beneath.
How can I repair the DNS is just not resolving Xbox server names error?
1. Restart the Xbox console and router
- First, attempt restarting your Xbox One and router. Unplug your router.
- Flip the Xbox console on.
- Press and maintain the Xbox button on the gamepad.
- Choose the Restart console and Restart choices.
- Await about 5 minutes. Then plug the router again in.
2. Change the DNS to Google DNS
- Some customers have stated they’ve mounted the DNS is just not resolving Xbox server names error by altering their DNS to Google. To do this on the Xbox One, flip the console on.
- Choose Settings on the console’s menu.
- Then choose Community to open the choices proven instantly beneath.
- Choose Superior settings > DNS settings.
- Choose Handbook to open the Major DNS bins proven instantly beneath.
- Enter 8 in every one of many 4 Major DNS textual content bins. Thus, the complete quantity entered throughout all 4 bins will likely be 8888.
- Press the Enter button on the enter keyboard.
- For the secondary DNS, enter 8844 as within the snapshot instantly beneath.
- Press B to avoid wasting the modified DNS settings. Thereafter, it’s going to examine your connection and hopefully show a Your console is linked to the web message.
3. Reset your router
The DNS is just not resolving Xbox server names error could be on account of your router’s settings, which you’ll be able to reset. To reset the router, search for the reset button in the back of it.
You’ll normally want one thing like a pin or paperclip to press the Reset button with. Press the button for about 10 seconds to reset the router.
Notice, nonetheless, that resetting a router may also take away web supplier settings; so that you may need to reconnect units.
4. Change your WiFi channel width to 20Mhz
- Deciding on the 20Mhz channel width in your router is one other potential decision for the Xbox DNS server names error if that’s not its present channel width. To do this, press the Home windows key and R keyboard shortcut to launch Run.
- Enter cmd in Run and click on OK.
- Enter ipconfig within the Command Immediate, and press the Return key.
- Notice down the Default Gateway quantity.
- Open a browser.
- Enter your Default Gateway quantity within the URL bar, and press the Return key.
Open the wi-fi settings inside your router’s configuration web page.
- Choose 20Mhz on the Channel Width drop-down menu, which is essentially the most preferable setting for the Xbox One.
These potential fixes are price a shot. Though not assured for everyone, one, or extra, of these resolutions may repair the DNS is just not resolving Xbox server names error in your console.
There are 1 feedback