WRITTEN BY: supportmymoto.com STAFF
In some instances, particularly when creating giant displays, the file measurement of your mission might go as much as a relatively giant quantity. This could make it troublesome to share your completed presentation, particularly for those who’re utilizing e-mail providers or a USB to retailer it on.
To assist fight this subject, PowerPoint comes with choices to compress numerous parts and cut back the file measurement or tasks. You possibly can compress pictures, movies, convert 3D objects to static pictures and even use the PPTX or ZIP codecs to additional optimize file measurement.
Our article focuses on all of the strategies that will help you compress PowerPoint information and create extra shareable displays.
Technique 1: Compress pictures in PowerPoint
The primary option to cut back the file measurement of your displays is unquestionably compressing the photographs utilized in your slides. Photos with giant decision can rapidly begin producing giant file sizes.
Oftentimes when making a presentation, there’s no want for big pictures to be displayed on the display, so compressing your pictures received’t hurt the ultimate final result. In line with our exams, appropriately compressed pictures can assist you cut back the file measurement of your presentation by 17 instances.
- Choose the image you wish to compress. It will open up the Footage Instruments Format tab within the ribbon on high of your display.
- Click on on the Compress Footage button.
- Choose the specified image high quality and choices. The decrease the PPI quantity, the extra compressed your picture might be.
- Ensure to verify “Delete cropped areas of images” and select whether or not you wish to apply the compression to all footage in your presentation, or chosen footage solely.
- Click on the OK button. You must instantly see the adjustments in high quality and spot the decreased file measurement.
Technique 2: Compress movies in PowerPoint
It’s not a secret that video information could be enormous. You probably have movies embedded into your displays, it’s not unusual that you simply’ll find yourself with a big file measurement that’s exhausting to switch between gadgets, USB’s and e-mail. To verify your presentation doesn’t exceed file measurement limits, you’ll be able to attempt to compress the movies in it.
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint, then navigate to the File tab and go to the Information web page throughout the backstage view.
- When video information are detected in your presentation, you’ll see the Compress Media button. Merely click on on it, then select the specified high quality. Usually, compressing to 1080p or 720p will considerably cut back the file measurement of your presentation.
- A brand new window will open up exhibiting the progress of the compression and figuring out how a lot area was saved. Anticipate the method to complete.
- Examine your video and be sure to’re proud of the standard. If you wish to undo the compression, navigate again to File > Information > Compress Media, and select to Undo the final compression.
Technique 3: Swap 3D fashions with static pictures
(Supply: Nuts & Bolts)
Whereas 3D fashions are undoubtedly helpful and provides your displays extra visible curiosity, they undoubtedly improve the file measurement of the completed product. For those who’re working with a restricted quantity of area, we suggest swapping 3D fashions with static pictures. You should use pictures from the web, and even take a screenshot of the mannequin and insert it manually.
- If you wish to substitute the 3D mannequin completely, merely choose it and press the Delete button in your keyboard. It will take away all traces of the mannequin out of your presentation as quickly as you put it aside, and considerably cut back the file measurement.
- Insert a picture instead of the 3D mannequin by utilizing the Insert > Picture menu. You could select one out of your laptop, or search for one on-line inside PowerPoint.
If you wish to substitute the 3D mannequin with a static picture of the mannequin itself, observe these steps.
- Create a brand new, clean slide with a white background.
- Insert the 3D mannequin you wish to use and place it in any approach you wish to.
- Take a screenshot utilizing the Home windows + Shift + S keyboard shortcut. This shortcut means that you can choose a area of the display as an alternative of screenshotting the complete desktop. Choose your 3D mannequin on a white background.
- On Mac, you need to use the Command + Shift + 4 shortcut to do the identical.
- Delete the 3D mannequin and the clean slide, then insert the screenshot of your mannequin instead of the unique.
- If wanted, choose the screenshot and click on on Image Format > Take away Background. It will eliminate the white background, making a clear static picture of your 3D mannequin.
Technique 4: Convert your presentation to PPTX Format
Your presentation is likely to be saved within the PPT format. This format is kind of giant in comparison with PPTX, which is the format utilized in information created post-2007, alongside the discharge of PowerPoint 2007. The optimized format goals to cut back the file measurement of displays, making switch a lot much less of a problem.
For those who saved your presentation within the PPT format, don’t fear. There are many free, on-line instruments you need to use to transform a PowerPoint presentation into the PPTX format. Right here’s how.
- Open the Convertio PPT Converter in your net browser. That is a wholly free-to-use web site that means that you can convert a PPT file into PPTX on-line.
- In case your file is over 100 MB, click on on the Signal Up button and create a free account. In any other case, proceed to the subsequent step.
- Click on on the Select Recordsdata button and choose your PPT presentation.
- Ensure to pick PPT to PPTX utilizing the drop-down menus for file varieties.
- Comply with on-screen directions and convert your presentation into the PPTX format. You must instantly see a lower in file measurement.
Technique 5: Compress PowerPoint displays as a ZIP file
As a final resort, it can save you some area by sharing your presentation as a ZIP file. These compressed information are helpful if you wish to preserve your entire unique pictures, movies, fashions, and different parts, however nonetheless want to cut back the file measurement.
Right here’s how one can convert a PowerPoint presentation right into a ZIP on Home windows 10. Ensure to scroll to the subsequent part for those who’re on a Mac system!
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the placement of your saved presentation.
- Proper-click on the presentation file and hover over the Ship to possibility.
- Select the Compressed (zipped) folder possibility.
- Anticipate Home windows to complete compressing your file. When completed, you’ll be left with a ZIP file that has a decreased file measurement and offers higher shareability.
The directions for Mac methods are as follows.
- Open the Finder and navigate to the placement of your presentation.
- Proper-click on the presentation and choose Compress “(Presentation identify)”
- Anticipate the method to complete. You must see a smaller ZIP file with the identical identify as your unique presentation created.
We hope that this text helped you compress PowerPoint displays and cut back the file measurement for simpler sharing. Present your world the exhausting work you set into your displays with out having to sacrifice high quality!