Larger full high-definition display. This is one of the amazing features of Galaxy S3. It also comes in a faux leather back that allows you to hold it better.
Generally, this mobile offers a lot of things. With more storage, multi-vision and record video in 4K, these are just some of the things you can expect from this mobile.
But it can do more. To expose its full potential, you must learn to root Galaxy S3. It’s the only way to maximize its capacity.
After a long wait, owners of this mobile can now root such device. Enter Towelroot. This is a rooting toolkit made by the famous hacker geohot, who happens to be the first person to hack the PS3 and the iPhone.
The following are steps that you need to take to root this device. They are very easy to do. The overall process does not require USB cables or the use of your PC.
- Create backup. Towelroot is a reliable tool. It’s from a trustworthy hacker. But you still need to make a backup copy of your important mobile data to ensure that you will still have them, in case something goes wrong with the process. Keep in mind that rooting your phone may lead to deleting all your files. Having a backup will ensure that your most important files are intact after rooting.
- Charge your device. Although the entire process will only take a few seconds or minutes, you need at least 80% battery for your device. When your phone shuts down during the process because of low battery, you need to do it all over again. Or worse, your phone would need to be reset to its factory settings.
- Download the tool. TowelRoot can be obtained through its official website. Simply go to its homepage using your phone’s web browser. When you’re on the site, click the lambda symbol.
- Make sure that your phone allows installing of apps from unknown sources. To verify, go to Settings menu and tap General. Then, proceed to Security and press Device Administration option. You will find it there the APK file with an extension of .apk.
- Click the “I understand…” option. This will just tell your phone that you are willing to take the risks of downloading an app from an unknown source.
- Tap the Open button when the message “Application installed” appears. This will cause the TowelRoot to launch.
- Press the “make it ra1n” button. The window of TowelRoot is very simple. There are no other buttons besides make it ra1n. Thus, you won’t miss it.
- Start the process. Rooting of your Galaxy S3 starts after pressing the said button. Your phone will automatically restart several times.
Now, your phone is rooted. Take note, that this will work for all Jelly Bean and Kitkat Android versions. So 4.3and 4.3.3 are supported. As well as 4.4 and 4.4.2.
Why rooting is beneficial?
Rooting has plenty of benefits. Because of that, owners of any type of Android devices, including the Galaxy S3, root their own devices to make sure that they take advantage of those benefits.
But what are these benefits that you can maximize?
- Speed up your device. If you’re craving for faster mobile despite its ability to sap your battery, then you need to overclock your mobile. But if you want to preserve battery, underclocking it can do the trick. These things are only possible with a rooted phone.
- Backup everything. From SMS to call logs to apps, you can backup everything that you consider as important or things that you can’t live without. Although it’s still possible to backup your important data with un-rooted phone, you can’t backup everything.
- Update your mobile’s operating system. Even if Samsung hasn’t released updates for Galaxy S3, you can get them and download it onto your device. Simply, flash the latest version and install the new OS. With a rooted phone, you get to obtain updates before others can.
So, go ahead and root your Galaxy S3. It’s very easy to do. The risks can be avoided or prevented as long as you follow our instructions carefully.